I have been working on trying to create the perfect flannel look lately and finally had some time to sit down and try it out! I decided to use three of the colors from essie’s Winter Collection ‘Virgin Snow’ for this design. Here is a how to on my flannel mani so that you can get the same look!
Items needed for this manicure:
- Striping brush
- Note card
- Base coat
- Top coat
- ‘Haute Tub’ by essie
- ‘Apres-Chic’ by essie
- ‘Shall We Chalet?’ by essie
Steps to achieve this look:
- Paint all nails with a base coat
- Take essie’s ‘Shall We Chalet?’ and paint each nail with 2-3 coats of polish.
- Make sure that this is completely dry before moving on to the next step.
- Take essie’s ‘Haute Tub’ and pour some out onto your note card.
- Next take your striping brush and make two vertical lines with ‘Haute tub’.
- Then make two lines going horizontally with the same polish.
- After this has had time to dry pour some of essie’s ‘Apres-Chic’ onto the same note card.
- Clean off the striping brush with nail polish remover.
- Take ‘Apres-Chic’ and paint a vertical line directly beside the line on the left side of your nail that you previously created with ‘Haute Tub’.
- Next paint a horizontal line next to the line that you had painted on the bottom half of your nail with ‘Apres-Chic’.
- Once you have completed this on each nail wait until it is dry and apply a top coat.