Get buttoned up in this quick and easy manicure! Here are some simple steps so that you can get the same look!
Items needed for this manicure:
- Nail dotter
- Striping tape
- Cuticle clippers
- Note card
- Top coat
- Base coat
- ‘Parka Perfect’ by essie
- ‘Mind Your Mittens’ by essie
- ‘Apres-Chic’ by essie
Steps to achieve this look:
- Paint all nails with a base coat.
- Paint 2-3 coats of essie’s ‘Parka Perfect’ on each nail.
- Let this coat dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Cut striping tape into 10 small pieces with your cuticle clippers.
- Apply one strip vertically in the middle of each nail. Make sure that the tape is pushed down completely so that the polish does not get underneath.
- Next take essie’s ‘Mind Your Mittens’ and apply it to half of the nail (on one side of the striping tape).
- As soon as you have finished painting your nail begin to peel the striping tape off (I use tweezers to grip the tape and to help pull it off).
- It is important to peel the tape off immediately so that you can get clean lines.
- Let this dry for 3-5 minutes.
- Next take essie’s ‘Apres-Chic’ and pour it onto your note card.
- Then take your nail dotter and make four or five dots going vertically up your nail. (These dots should be right in the center where the two blue polish colors meet).
- Let this dry for at least 5 minutes.
- Apply a top coat and you are finished!
Make sure to tag me on instagram and use the hashtag #essiebuff if you are inspired by any of my posts!