I’ve been racking my brains trying to come up with an #essiebuffDIY for the holidays but I finally found an idea that I think you will love! The other day I was scrolling through Instagram and saw a new post from Pink Fox Paper Crafts of the cutest gift tags for nail polish bottles. She had cute sayings on them that were perfect for the holidays and I immediately knew that I had to try to create some gift tags of my own! I just think they are the perfect way to make the gift of nail polish even better than it was before and adds a personal touch to the gift! I decided to give it a whirl and try to DIY my own gift tags that are nail polish inspired so keep reading below to see how I made them!
Polishes shown in photo: ‘Congrats’ and ‘Birthday Girl!’ (both EU releases only).
- Card Stock
- Hole Punch
Cost/Where To Purchase
- Card Stock – $15.00 per pack
- String – (black twine from A.C. Moore)$5.00
- Figure out what you want your nail polish tag to say!
- Open up Microsoft Word and type in the saying. Next you can pick what font you want. I used ‘cursif’ because I use that font for my logo, however this is not a pre-set font on word so you will have to download it if you want to use the same font. To download the font click here.
- Next I pulled images from google that I thought went with the holiday/theme and cropped them in Microsoft Word so that they would be the right size.
- Once you have done this make sure that the saying and photo are small enough so that the gift tag won’t look too big wrapped around the polish bottle. I made my font size 12 and this seemed to work perfectly for the look that I was going for!
- Next print out the saying/photo on card stock. I did a few copies since I messed up on cutting them straight before I finally got it just right!
- Cut around what you have printed in whatever shape you would like! You can do a circle, square, star or whatever you see fit.
- If you want to add glitter to your gift tag you can but you can also keep it plain if you would like to. Another idea would be to color in the photo or paint it if you want to add a pop of color that way. Whatever you decide to do will make the name tag personalized and your own style!
- After this take your hole puncher and poke a small hole into the gift tag wherever you would like it to hang from.
- Next take your string and cut off a small piece and tie it through the hole you created in the gift tag.
- After this has been done you have completed your gift tag! The last step is to wrap it around the nail polish bottle of your choosing and to gift it to a loved one!
Things To Note
- Although I did create these gift tags on my own, the idea was not mine and was something that I found on Pink Fox Paper Crafts Instagram. If you want to see what hers look like click here.
- You can come up with whatever saying and photo you want on these and they do not have to be nail polish inspired! You can create regular gift tags for the holidays using this same method.
- You can use colored card stock if you have some on hand. I used white because it was what I had but using colored paper would give a nice pop of color!
I loved doing this DIY as it is perfect for this time of year and is something that I will actually use for gifts this holiday season! Showing someone you care can be as simple as giving them a small handmade gift like this wrapped around a beautiful bottle of polish! I hope that you enjoyed this #essiebuffDIY and if you decide to recreate it let me know on Instagram!
3 thoughts on “#essiebuffDIY – Gift Tag Edition”
What a great idea you are a very talented lady I love watching your Instagram and reading your blog keep it up you’ll go far in this world
Very pretty idea!!!! I was wondering if you could help me out with gifting an Essie.
I need help in choosing a few essie nail polish colors to gift my girl.
They are not available in India where I stay.
I have thought of Ring in the Bling. What is your say?
Please recommend me 2 other colors. ( One suitable for formal office wear)
Just FYI She is a big fan of MAC lipsticks and her favorite shade is razzledazzler (Don’t know if that helps).
I’m just going on a hunch here to try out something different.
I googled for the best nail polish and came up with Essie so here I am.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hello Romit! I think that Ring In The Bling is a perfect polish option especially for this time of year. For a polish that would match your wife’s favorite lipstick I would look at essie ‘Resort Fling’ or essie ‘Van D’ Go’, both would look pretty with the lipstick. Some polishes that I think would be good for in the office are ‘Between The Seats’ and ‘Master Plan’ both by essie. I hope that this helps and that she likes the polishes!