Living in Vermont you become accustomed to cold weather pretty quickly and start to find things to help you get through the cold months. One of my favorite things to do this time of year is to cook up something warm in the crock pot! I recently made a meatball tortellini soup and wanted to share the easy recipe with you in case you also need something to keep you warm this season!
- one bag frozen tortellini
- one bag frozen meatballs
- one bag frozen broccoli
- one can of corn
- two 32oz containers of chicken broth
- one vidalia onion
- two garlic cloves
- half a bag of baby carrots
- four stalks of celery
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- grated parmesan cheese
- one cup white rice
- Pour your chicken broth into your slow cooker.
- Dice your celery stalks and put them in the slow cooker.
- Then add in half a bag of frozen broccoli and half a bag of baby carrots.
- Next take your can of corn and put it in the slow cooker.
- After that chop your vidalia onion into fine pieces and add that to your pot.
- Mince your garlic cloves and add that to your mixture as well.
- Next open your frozen meatballs and add the bag into the slow cooker.
- Once you have all of the main ingredients in the pot (except for the rice and tortellini) season the soup with your garlic and onion powder. You can also add in salt and pepper (however much you prefer).
- Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 4-6 hours. Add your white rice and your pack of frozen tortellini 30-40 minutes before you are going to eat the soup. If you add the tortellini or rice before this it will absorb all of the broth from the soup.
- Once you serve your soup in to a bowl add a bit of shredded parmesan cheese on top for the finishing touch!
I love making crescent rolls or corn bread to go along with soup to make it the perfect meal! This soup is such an easy dinner and is also great to bring for lunch throughout the work week. I hope you enjoyed this recipe and that it keeps you warm on the cool days coming up!